Beena Sharma and Corey deVos kick off their new monthly series, Polarity Wisdom, where together they will explore and unpack Beena’s new Integrating Polarities teaching.
“Almost any dysfunctionality can be traced to some polarity being mismanaged, or some pole being neglected.”Beena SharmaI
ntegrating Polarities is Beena’s revolutionary new training program, designed to teach you the higher-order thinking common to individuals at the integral stage of development. By learning and practicing the cognitive processes that come naturally to integral thinkers, this training can accelerate your own development toward integral stages of being and doing.
Integrating Polarities will be made available in just a few weeks here on Integral Life, so stay tuned! (Remember, supporting members get an automatic 20% discount!)
In the meantime, watch as Beena and Corey offer a preview of this remarkable training, and discuss the following:
- Beena’s inspiration for this training program.
- Why Ken Wilber says we either learn how to manage polarities in order to reduce polarization in the world, or we are heading for war.
- How this program helps teach integral thinking, much like we can teach “critical thinking” or “creative thinking”.
- How the Integrating Polarities method can help accelerate our growth into integral stages of thinking and being.
- How managing polarities can deepen our enjoyment and enactment of the integral model itself.
- What a polarity actually is, and why it is not merely a set of opposites.
To help illustrate the Integrating Polarities method, Beena walks us step-by-step through her own personal efforts to integrate a critical polarity at the heart of her own life story — between transforming the self, and celebrating the self:
We hope you enjoy this introduction to Beena’s exquisite new training program, and that you will join us next month as we continue our discussion.
About Beena Sharma
Beena Sharma is President of the Vertical Development Academy, and an international consultant committed to serving leaders and organizations in their growth endeavors. . Beena is a Certified MAP Scorer, Certified Leadership Maturity Coach and certifying Master Coach. Beena is a lead facilitator of the VeDA Coach Certification Program and consults with organizations interested in implementing vertical development. Beena is trained in Polarity Thinking at the Mastery level and integrates that expertise in her coaching and consulting practice.
About Corey deVos
Corey W. deVos is the proverbial "man behind the curtain". He is Editor-in-Chief of Integral Life, as well as Managing Editor of KenWilber.com. He has worked for Integral Institute/Integal Life since Spring of 2003, and has been a student of integral theory and practice since 1996.