Full Body Mindfulness is a new web course by the world's leading philosopher of the mind, Ken Wilber, who walks with you step-by-step through the science and practice of four essential foundations of body mindfulness and lifelong health:
- Food Mindfulness and the Hunger Drive
- Drink Mindfulness and the Thirst Drive
- Strength Mindfulness and the Muscular-Skeletal System
- Comfort Mindfulness and the Pleasure and Pain Systems
WAKE UP, GROW UP
You probably already know that body mindfulness is the base of the pyramid of your composite self, a critical component of managing your health, enhancing your vitality, and breaking free of the stranglehold that food and drink — not to mention pleasure and pain — hold over our lives.
What you might not know is that once you commit to a full spectrum process of Waking Up and Growing Up, ordinary mindfulness is no longer enough (nor is simple Growing Up, either).
- Understand your pain and pleasure comfort zone and exactly how it might be driving your diet, exercise, general comfort, and other health outcomes.
- Practice awareness of the kaleidoscopic sensations that arise when you're hungry, thirsty, exercising, or feeling pain or pleasure — and how those sensations actually govern how you interpret and judge your other experiences (this first level is foundational!)
- Integrate your drives and sensations fully as objects of awareness that can no longer dictate your eating and drinking habits — so that overall you can "let go" of this level and move to higher levels of growth and development, becoming Freer and Freer in the process.
- Liberate your "self" from the food, drink, pain and pleasure addictions and allergies that are unique to this level of your being (and thus make room for higher levels).
- Understand that each of these levels of our Growing Up actually determines how we interpret and thus experience all of our states of Waking Up (including mindfulness). Neither alone — Waking Up or Growing Up — will actually give you a full and authentic Self-realization.
You know that as you grow you transcend and include what has come before. If better health, greater mindfulness, and more vitality are part of your personal growth goals this year, Full Body Mindfulness can help you move beyond ordinary mindfulness — and typical self-improvement programs — in order to do so.
The Process of Full Body Witnessing will teach you to shift the subject of your drives, addictions and allergies to objects of your awareness. This is the first step in transforming problematic patterns into healthy lifelong habits.
The Process of Videotaping will teach you to look at the “you” of your mindfulness practice from all angles without judgement in order to better understand the deeper drives that interrupt your goals.
The Process of Toggling will teach you to change between the witnessing state and your bodily experience in order to get freedom and control over your food, drink, strength and pain/pleasure drives.