This Integral Life Practice module was lovingly produced for Integral Life members.
Become a member now for just $1 for the first 30 days, get access to hundreds of perspectives, practices, videos, and audio recordings, and support the global Integral Movement.Start Your Integral Life
Discover your core patterns of being and relating.
People are unique individuals, each with their own unique way of creating and expressing meaning in their lives. But behind those diverse approaches to the vast complexity of life exists some common, fundamental patterns–patterns that help organize our experiences, our ways of being, and our actions in the world.
What if you had a deeper insight into these core patterns?
Imagine how much more self-awareness you would achieve, knowing how to recognize and outwit your own unconscious habits at such a fundamental level.
Imagine how much more skillful you would be as a communicator, helping to bridge what seem to be ever-widening gaps between us.
Conflict arises when we argue against other people’s realities. We fail to see the world through each other’s eyes. We allow our own hidden biases and blind spots to come to the forefront and provoke unhealthy and unhelpful reactions. We find ourselves talking past the other, unable to find a shared reality between us—or assuming one exists when it doesn’t.
This practice will help with all of that.
The Narrative Tradition of the Enneagram allows you to discover the nine fundamental personality types, each with its own signature challenges, coping strategies, and obstacles that prevent you from experiencing your deepest and most authentic self.
By discovering your own core patterns of being and relating (and learning to recognize these same patterns in the ones closest to you), you will take a crucial step towards experiencing more compassion, more skillful communication, and more understanding of yourself and others.
Discover Your Type is taught and facilitated by world-renowned Enneagram expert Helen Palmer. Helen employs an extraordinary teaching method that promotes clarity and wellbeing, and offers practices for each personality type through a deepening understanding of your inner observer.
In this module you will discover:
- The latest developments in the Narrative Tradition of the Enneagram
- Why developing an inner knowing is key to focusing your attention on overcoming obstacles to your true nature
- How a general knowledge of each types life strategies and development path will improve communication with those you care about or collaborate with
- How to relax your habitual patterns that cause you and those around you to suffer
- Characteristics and challenges of the “Head” Types — Type 5, Type 6, and Type 7
- Characteristics and challenges of the “Heart” Types — Type 2, Type 3, and Type 4
- Characteristics and challenges of the “Body” Types — Type 8, Type 9, and Type 1
Just brilliant, Helen. You virtuosity with the Enneagram flows like a true transmission. I feel like I know and love my fellow and sister humans more after having seen this.