Imagine bringing a new level of focus, intensity, and bliss to your daily life.
The ancient tradition of Yoga has long been a doorway to get back into touch with the natural wisdom contained within our bodies. And while yoga has become incredibly popular in the West over the last few decades, it often seems like so much of that deep bodily wisdom has been stripped out of Western “downtown yoga” approaches.
This is why Indian Temple Arts Master Sofia Diaz spent years mastering westernized hatha yoga (and the 908 asanas) before leaving for India, where she got her “butt kicked” and spent the next 23 years becoming a lineage holder in a true yogic tradition. Upon returning to the U.S. she created the Real Yoga approach as a way to go way beyond western downtown yoga and bring you into the heart of this ancient practice: union with all that’s happening in the present moment by becoming fully alive, aware, and awake in your body.
How It Works
Most yoga programs promise to bring you more strength, more endurance, and more flexibility. Real Yoga does too, but goes several steps further, helping you cultivate these very same qualities on the inside as much as the outside. Not just in your body, but also in your heart, mind, and spirit.
Real Yoga goes beyond the typical promises of stress relief, athletic performance, and weight loss. You can certainly get all of that. But you know that voice of wisdom inside, the one that if you listen to it will almost always leave you feeling more aligned, more authentic, and more powerful? That voice gets drowned out by the stress and pace of modern life.
Sofia will not only get you back in touch with this voice of wisdom, but also give you the practices needed to keep the wisdom alive in your life — a wisdom that is available to you each and every moment, helping you navigate your life with greater skill, greater presence, and a greater ability to respond to the ever-shifting winds of your busy life.
- Learn a deeper capacity for bodily awareness that runs through your breath and can enhance your ability to relate, move and act in every domain of your life
- Build physical endurance by awakening channels of energy that help you endure resistance and overcome fatigue
Use the breath to process your emotions, a doorway to enlightening every aspect of your life and awareness right now
- Build the emotional resilience that can only come when you’ve learned to endure discomfort and break through plateaus
- Awaken your intuition and the full scope of your innate intelligence
- Move through your life and relationships with an openness that relaxes unnecessary thoughts spontaneously and can change habits naturally from the inside out
- Live your life as a “meditation in action”