n this episode of Integral Justice Warrior, Diane and I are joined by our very good friend Rob McNamara, integral teacher and author of The Elegant Self, in order to take a closer look at climate change through all four quadrants.
Watch as we discuss:
Upper Left (“I”, subjective)
- Aligning our personal views and values with the unique challenges of our time
- Managing and making space for feelings of both hopelessness and hopefulness
- Cultivating more embodied and wise responses to our climate challenges
- Finding our center and grounding our efforts in timeless reality
Upper Right (“It”, objective)
- Committing yourself to real skill development
- Learning how to work with your own nervous system in order to manage feelings of anxiety and overwhelm
- Choosing a course of action that is realistic, achievable, and makes you feel like you are more directly engaging the problem
Lower Left (“We”, intersubjective)
- Developing our capacity and willingness to manage conflict and communicate across different views and values
- Overcoming polarization and finding shared reality
- Making our embedded intersubjective patterns into objects of awareness
Lower Right (“Its”, interobjective)
- Embracing new technologies and new economic models that can help leverage innovative solutions
- Understanding how the way information moves in the LR has a massive effect upon how we think, how we relate, and how we behave.
- The impacts being made by tech innovators such as Elon Musk
And be sure to join us for the next episode, where special guest Gail Hochachka will join us to discuss climate change across multiple altitudes of development. You can join the live discussion for FREE on Saturday, December 28th at 2 PM PT (5 PM ET), only on Integral Live.
Previous Episodes of Integral Justice Warrior
Become a member today to watch this video presentation and support the global emergence of Integral consciousness.Learn more about the platform we’re building
Receive full access to weekly conversations hosted by leading thinkers
Receive full access to the growing Integral Life Practice library
Courses & Products
20% discount off all products and courses from our friends and partners
Free Bonus Gifts
The Integral Vision eBook by Ken Wilber (worth $19 on Amazon) + The Ken Wilber Biography Series
You can cancel future billing anytime – easily and online
Our 30-day, 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee.
About Diane Hamilton
Diane is a uniquely gifted, playful, and awake group facilitator, consultant and teacher of Integral Spirituality and Zen. She is a lineage holder in the Soto Zen tradition, and has collaborated with the Integral Institute and Ken Wilber since 2004, developing the Integral Life Practice seminars and the Integral Spiritual Experience global events.
About Rob McNamara
Rob McNamara is author of The Elegant Self and Strength to Awaken. He is a leadership coach and human performance expert serving clients world wide. McNamara is the co-founder of DELTA Developmental, he is a partner at Ten Directions and is an Integral Zen Dharma Holder. McNamara’s coaching specializes in helping leaders resolve their persistent painful limitations to become more powerful, proficient and aligned with what matters most in life.
About Corey deVos
Corey W. deVos is the proverbial "man behind the curtain". He is Editor-in-Chief of Integral Life, as well as Managing Editor of KenWilber.com. He has worked for Integral Institute/Integal Life since Spring of 2003, and has been a student of integral theory and practice since 1996.