n this episode of Integral Justice Warrior, Diane and I are joined by our very good friend Rob McNamara, integral teacher and author of The Elegant Self, in order to take a closer look at climate change through all four quadrants.
Watch as we discuss:
Upper Left (“I”, subjective)
- Aligning our personal views and values with the unique challenges of our time
- Managing and making space for feelings of both hopelessness and hopefulness
- Cultivating more embodied and wise responses to our climate challenges
- Finding our center and grounding our efforts in timeless reality
Upper Right (“It”, objective)
- Committing yourself to real skill development
- Learning how to work with your own nervous system in order to manage feelings of anxiety and overwhelm
- Choosing a course of action that is realistic, achievable, and makes you feel like you are more directly engaging the problem
Lower Left (“We”, intersubjective)
- Developing our capacity and willingness to manage conflict and communicate across different views and values
- Overcoming polarization and finding shared reality
- Making our embedded intersubjective patterns into objects of awareness
Lower Right (“Its”, interobjective)
- Embracing new technologies and new economic models that can help leverage innovative solutions
- Understanding how the way information moves in the LR has a massive effect upon how we think, how we relate, and how we behave.
- The impacts being made by tech innovators such as Elon Musk
And be sure to join us for the next episode, where special guest Gail Hochachka will join us to discuss climate change across multiple altitudes of development. You can join the live discussion for FREE on Saturday, December 28th at 2 PM PT (5 PM ET), only on Integral Live.
Previous Episodes of Integral Justice Warrior
Become a member today to watch this video presentation and support the global emergence of Integral consciousness
Membership benefits include:
Receive full access to weekly conversations hosted by leading thinkers
Receive full access to the growing Journal of Integral Theory & Practice library
Stay connected by participating in Integral Life live events and discussions
Courses & Products
Get unlimited 20% discount off all products and courses from our friends and partners
Free Bonus Gifts
Download The Integral Vision eBook by Ken Wilber (worth $19 on Amazon) & The Ken Wilber Biography Series
Support of the movement
Support our mission of educating and spreading integral consciousness that is more critical than at any time in its history
About Diane Hamilton
Diane is a uniquely gifted, playful, and awake group facilitator, consultant and teacher of Integral Spirituality and Zen. She is a lineage holder in the Soto Zen tradition, and has collaborated with the Integral Institute and Ken Wilber since 2004, developing the Integral Life Practice seminars and the Integral Spiritual Experience global events.
About Rob McNamara
Rob McNamara is an author, advisor, consultant and leadership coach with an expertise in adult development and human performance. He is a co-founder of the advisory firm Delta Developmental and is the Vice President of Strategy and Innovation at the World Communiversity educational initiative.
About Corey deVos
Corey W. deVos is editor and producer of Integral Life. He has worked for Integral Institute/Integal Life since Spring of 2003, and has been a student of integral theory and practice since 1996. Corey is also a professional woodworker, and many of his artworks can be found in his VisionLogix art gallery.