Robert Augustus Masters and Ken Wilber offer valuable insights to help you discover a deeper, more enlightened masculinity.
As a man, have you ever asked yourself any or all of the following?
- How can I act as a conscious and sensitive man without losing my masculine edge?
- How can I find the inner strength and fortitude I need to face the great challenges of my life?
- How can I overcome aggression and use my anger in a constructive, rather than destructive, way?
- How much of my identity as a man is being conditioned and limited by my culture, and how can I become free of those limitations?
- How can I be more present and find more happiness in my intimate relationships?
- How can I establish a more healthy relationship with sex, intimacy, and pornography?
- How can I find and express my masculine power without being a complete asshole about it?
Many men struggle to ride the line between power and compassion, between strength and vulnerability, between purpose and passion. It can be difficult for men to venture very far beyond the conventional norms of masculinity, and we have few roadmaps or role models to help men cultivate qualities like sensitivity, presence, and openness without feeling like they are surrendering their masculinity in the process.
Our world places some unforgiving restrictions upon men when it comes to the avenues of self-discovery and self-expression available to them. The more we can begin opening these avenues to men, the better the world will be.
This is what makes this discussion so important. Robert and Ken disclose a newly emerging path for men in the 21st century, one that allows these “softer” qualities to actually enhance and deepen a man’s sense of masculinity, rather than diminish it. It is a discussion that brings some much-needed relief to a seldom acknowledged pain so many men feel in their hearts, minds, and guts.
Whether you are a man who is looking for new ways to develop and express your masculinity, or a woman who wishes to better understand and support the men in your life, you will definitely want to check out this provocative discussion.
About Robert Masters
Robert Augustus Masters, PhD, is a relationship expert, a spiritual teacher, and a psychospiritual guide, with a doctorate in psychology. He is the cofounder, with his wife Diane, of the Masters Center for Transformation (MCT), a school featuring relationally-rooted psychospiritual work devoted to deep healing and fully embodied awakening. A substantial portion of his work involves training MCT practitioners. He is also the author of thirteen books, including Transformation Through Intimacy and Spiritual Bypassing.
About Ken Wilber
Ken Wilber is a preeminent scholar of the Integral stage of human development. He is an internationally acknowledged leader, founder of Integral Institute, and co-founder of Integral Life. Ken is the originator of arguably the first truly comprehensive or integrative world philosophy, aptly named “Integral Theory”.