“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī
Do you deeply and truly love yourself? What is preventing you from loving yourself completely? Is your capacity to love yourself contrained by poor self-esteem, internalized criticisms, or false modesty? Can you distinguish your self-love from self-absorption, narcissism, and the siren call of your own ego?
We have such a hard time loving ourselves. Often this is because of a peculiar paradox of human development, one that both makes self-love possible while also creating precisely the conditions that prevent it — made possible because you first need a solid sense of self in order to experience self-love (which comes online through the process of growth and development) and prevented because our self-reflection includes the capacity for self-criticism (which can create a distorted sense of disapproval, shame, and envy that produces a great deal of suffering within ourselves, while also building invisible walls between our hearts and the people we love).
In this very special module from Dr. Keith Witt’s Loving Completely web course, you will learn:
- How to define self-love,
- How self-love develops as the self develops,
- How to recognize the common problems we have with self-love,
- How your shadow can both impact and enhance your self-love,
- How to discern the ways we project our worst and greatest qualities onto to everything around us,
- How your self-love progresses from “I am love” to “I am loved” to “I am loved conditionally” to “I love myself conditionally”,
- How the quality and characteristics of your self-love evolves through the various stages of development,
- Daily practices to help you disable your defenses and dissolve the obstacles that prevent your from loving yourself completely.
This module is available to all Premium Members of Integral Life, and is also included in Keith’s full Loving Completely web course.
Image by Lucie Hardie [+view gallery]
More about Loving Completely
Loving Completely is a groundbreaking, self-directed web course designed to help you and your partner improve your connection on every level: physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual. By learning and practicing the Five Stars of Healthy Relationships you will find yourself able to love more passionately, to relate more authentically, and to bring more care, compassion, and consciousness into your relationship.
This is your personal guide through the wilderness of the heart. Loving Completely truly stands apart because it addresses the whole relationship, by acknowledging and working with the intrinsic wholeness of human beings.
About Keith Witt
Dr. Keith Witt is a Licensed Psychologist, teacher, and author who has lived and worked in Santa Barbara, CA. for over forty years. Dr. Witt is also the founder of The School of Love.